Sunday, May 24, 2009

OK....so I really have been clueless about this blogging thing. I love reading everyone else's, but the thought of creating my own just seems like so much WORK.....and the time involved--well, I quit one of my jobs 2 weeks ago, so now maybe I will have some to do some things for me, like BLOGGING! So, as I have been recovering from surgery last week, in my recliner, in a semi-upright position, with my laptop always handy, I have been trying to figure this all out. Heck, I am pretty knowledgeable about computers and technical stuff, but I have spent hours trying to figure out all the stuff about personalizing backgrounds and banners and I am thoroughly exhausted! I think that is why I waited so long do this......plus, I feel like I missed so much already in the blogging world since my oldest kiddo is nearly 11....where in the heck am I supposed to start? It's like all the scrapbook stuff that is sitting in my closet that has been waiting 3 years for me to get to it--I absolutely love to do it, but I am so far behind, how will I ever catch up, and then add to that the era of digital scrapbooking-am I supposed to switch everything over or what? My mind swirls with all of these thoughts! Maybe now that I have a little more(a lot, really) time on my hands I will have time to become the organized, file-keeping, blog-writing, creative thinking, project finishing, and dinner making mom that I want to be!

So here we go...lalala...Jonathan is 10, almost 11, and is autistic. My full time job, besides being his mom, is being his CNA--yes people, I actually get paid for this, which is nice, since special needs kids cost a fortune! Anyways, he doesn't talk, but communicates through sign language, gestures, and his lightwriter, which is basically a typewriter-like portable device that talks for him as well. He can also write his needs. He is a great kid and everyone loves him, and everyone seems to know him wherever we go--Qdoba, the library, the community pool, King Soopers, etc. He loves to swim, play with his Thomas trains(we must have at least 500), and watch various Disney and Thomas Youtube videos. This is a picture of Jonathan is his ball pit--that takes 1500 balls, and it is pure heaven for him to get in and immerse himself while the music plays, the pit vibrates, and a light show soothes his senses. Life with an autistic child is definitely hard at times, but it opens our eyes to the world in amazing ways!

Brendan. 8. Star Wars. Legos. Bachugans. Can I say more? Yes, I can! He is an awesome brother to both of his siblings and is going to be an amazing dad someday. He helps Jonathan when needed and turns around to show Lauren how to walk a runway for her "show" with her friends. He is friendly and energetic and asks A LOT of questions like all 8 year olds do.

Then there is my little Lauren. She is a 5 year old drama diva. Really! We love her dearly for that, lol! Lauren is full of laughter and loves to give....anything...to all of her friends. Nearly everyday she asks if she can have all of her friends over at once--can you imagine what that will be like when she is 16??? Anyways, she is our dirt-digging-tomboy-princess who loves to dance and sing and play ALL day!

OK, so that's all for now. Probably not all that interesting for those of you that know me, but I feel like I have to start with an introduction...Maybe tomorrow will be more interesting...

No comments: